Tuesday, May 13, 2008

We're On Our Way Home!

`Very Soon We Must Say Good-Bye To China` `How Very Grateful We Are to Know This Land A Little Better`







Our bags are packed.


The long journey home begins.


So much has happened in 15 days ~ altering us at our very core.


It might sound silly/strange but there is a part of me that is enormously sad that this is my LAST entry! Brent's colleague (also named Brent) posted a comment on the blog. His eloquence in explaining my /our sadness at times explains best what I am experiencing right now. For those who didn't read it, I'll post a portion of it here (hope that is o.k. w/ you, Brent)




"I think my favorite entry was when you talked about the sadness you felt during those moments you received Hannah. I can relate to that, and it is a mysterious feeling that draws from deep within. You have vested so much emotion in this moment that when it finally comes somehow the love also translates to sadness. It reminds me of the feeling one encounters having climbed to the summit of a beautiful mountain, and amidst the grandeur of reaching that high ambition and experiencing the wonderful gift before you there also exists a sorrow from also realizing that the journey is over and something new must come about."



It has been a wonderful journey! So, as we make our way back home, we await those new things that 'must come about'.




From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you for reading, responding, and wishing us well. I/we would have felt very isolated if we would have not had support and love from back home. What a wonderful gift technology is ~ bridging worlds, really.


Anyway, it has meant more to me than I could ever convey that you have stayed w/ us through these two weeks.


There are times in our lives which we will carry with us forever.

This is one of them.



Much love to all of you!



Again, sincere thanks!



Or, as the Chinese appear to be saying 'she-she'


The Steurys

No comments: