Friday, May 2, 2008

Good Night from Beijing! (2nd post for today)




We finished out the evening by going to the grocery store and then out for dinner. Ian and I feasted on stir fried rice (not too daring, I know) and Brent enjoyed duck soup. He said he about broke his teeth on it-----the bones were apparently more plentiful than the duck. ha-ha! Though people around the world claim that good deals are to be found here---uhh, we'd say that our dining extravaganza was rather EXPENSIVE.....we'd say that 50 bucks for rice and pseudo-duck soup was a bit pricey. But, we were so tired and starving so we figured...oh, well.

The store was very interesting. You could see hanging dried ducks, sausages, and mushrooms of all sorts. The numerous types of fresh fish you could purchase was fascinating. I kept thinking as I walked around 'THIS AIN'T KANSAS'. We ran into some other people from our adoption group. They are easy to spot amidst the sea of black haired people milling about.

We're exhausted! Tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. (which is 8:30 p.m. your time tonight on the 2nd) we meet with our group for a tour of the Forbidden City.

We'll post another entry tomorrow after the day has ended to let you know how things are progressing. We're all really eager to get to our specific provinces on Monday and meet our daughters.

Oh, I was so disappointed about one thing. I was so proud to show others the photos I had of Hannah Mei that I had them out passing them around. Somewhere between Washington Dulles airport and Beijing I lost them....absolute bummer.

No comments: